Monday, August 12, 2013

IDAHO SUMMER SUNSET


orly, pure ice, china glaze, imn, out the door, twinkle, nail stamp, liquid, leather

Today I did a mani that reminds me of Idaho summer sunsets.

What I used:


 
ORLY: “CHANTILLY PEACH
PURE ICE: “TWINKLE
CHINA GLAZE: “LIQUID LEATHER
INM: “OUT THE DOOR”

I started with two coats of “CHANTILLY PEACH”, a beautiful pearlized peach-y color.
 
 
Next I used a make-up sponge to lightly apply some “TWINKLE” from about half way down my nail all the way to the tip.  Then I used an eye shadow sponge applicator to make the very tips even darker. 
This is the only way I can seem to get gradients to work. :)

 
After all the polish was dry, I used my stamping plate GA30 and some “LIQUID LEATHER
to stamp on my design and toped it all of with one coat of  “OUT THE DOOR” fast drying top coat.

orly, pure ice, china glaze, imn, out the door, twinkle, nail stamp, liquid, leather
 
I think this mani turned out beautiful! I welcome your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so pretty and really effective! I can't get the hang of gradients but will try your way with the different brushes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! I can't get gradients to work either. Well, not the way everyone else seems to get them to work. The make up sponge then the eye shadow applicator works super for me, I hope it will work for you too!
    P.S. I can't wait to see what you post next! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall let you know! I like how you explain how to do your manis!
      And thanks :D I'll be checking in on yours too :p

      Delete
  3. Really gorgeous! I have trouble with gradients too- I've heard though that a more porous sponge (currently i use the triangular makeup ones) makes a big difference, I need to pick one up to see.

    ReplyDelete